Dear Friends and Patients,
We've got you. We are not afraid. We will help you through this whole unexpected, chaotic coronavirus outbreak.
Here's what you need to know from our practice:
First, your health and safety is our primary concern. To that end, we are doing the following:
- Recommending rigorous hand washing and social distancing (stay home, people) unless necessary. That includes non-essential doctors' appointments.
- We are set to go live with telemedicine later this week. This means that we will be able to do internet-based medical visits through our practice. Many of you with appointments may be rescheduled to meet with your doctor or provider this way. It will require an internet connection, but can be done over your phone. It is not a phone call. It will be video based. Most result visits, new consultations, birth control and hormone visits, as well as prescriptions for some types of infections may be seen this way.
- For patients that absolutely need to be seen, such as pregnant patients, sonograms, patients who need physical exams or are having urgent problems, our staffing will be limited and screened for coronavirus. Our goal is to maintain a coronavirus free setting for you. We will limit our live clinic time to one provider at a time with minimal staff. Please be patient with us.
- Non-urgent surgeries (elective cases) will be postponed and rescheduled.
- Annual exams and paps will be postponed and rescheduled.
- If you are bored at home and need something to do, take a listen to Dr. Crockett's new podcast, Becoming Virtuosa. There are 8 episodes available on Apple itunes or anywhere else you grab your podcasts! www.virtuosacoaching.com/podcast Drop me a review and send me an email to enter to win a free pair of Virtuosa wireless earbuds.
- We have new services to help you!! For those of you suffering from anxiety, worry, or fear regarding the coronavirus, we can help. Many of you know that I have been working on services to help you with weight loss, anxiety, grief, and other emotional issues. They all play into our health. Last year I became certified as a Life Coach and our site is being pushed to go live in order to help our patients deal with this current crisis at this critical time. Go to www.virtuosacoaching.com. Special introductory price of $100 for an hour of internet-based, private, online coaching. You don't even have to leave the comfort of your home.
- I have one more thing for you. In order to help you and my other patients cope with the current circumstances, I will be launching daily video broadcasts that you can attend online and have your questions answered. It will be called "Coffee with Dr. Crockett" and I'm getting it set up to start later this week.
I love you all very much.
Stay safe and stay at home.
I've got you.
Dr. Crockett and the whole Virtuosa Gyn staff